Low back pain – How to pick things up off the groundMarch 20, 2020
Community Partner: Turnfit Personal Training Free Online Bootcamps!March 21, 2020
Feeling tense while working from home? Try out these tips and share with friends and family!
- Take deep breaths from the diaphragm: Breath in slow through your nose for 5 seconds, hold for 5 seconds, breath out slow through your mouth for 5 seconds, repeat multiple times, and throughout the day as needed.
- Relax your shoulders: Shrug your shoulders up to your ears for 5 seconds then let them fall downwards into a comfortable position.
- Unclench your jaw muscles: press your tongue to the roof of your mouth, hold for 5-10 seconds, repeat as needed.
- Go for a brief walk in nature or stand in the sunshine for a couple minutes.
- Stretch it out: start with some gentle stretches for the major parts of the body (shoulders, neck, wrists, chest, hips and calves)…stay tuned for some specific stretching techniques in a future post!
**As will all things lately, keep on practicing safe social distancing and sanitation techniques**