Here’s a great stretch to do when your hips get tight from sitting.
Hip Flexor Stretch:
1) Kneel down on one knee and place the other leg forward creating a 90 degree angle
2) Tuck your pelvis (hips) in to flatten your lower back and slowly shift your weight forward by lunging towards your opposite leg
3) *Bonus* To enhance the stretch, raise your arm overhead (the same side as the kneeling knee) and bend your trunk towards the opposite side. This will increase the stretch and also stretch the QL muscle
4) Maintain the position for 30 seconds while breathing deeply
5) Repeat a few times on each side to get the most benefit from the stretch